I keep thinking of SNL right now as I’m beginning to write this post. Mostly because this post is a combination of the week and the weekend review. What I cannot promise though is that it will be funny like SNL’s Weekly Update. Actually, I’m sure that it won’t be…
Primarily because I just wanted to give everyone kudos for coming in on Saturday to take on the “Filthy Fifty” and to those who came in Sunday for the “surprise” WOD. For those of you who took on the “Fifty”, then you got to experience the worst 50 burpees you will ever do in your life. Normally burpees are not all that fun in the first place (yes, I realize the understatement), but after 400 reps, the movement takes on a whole new life of its own.
Great work to everyone that tackled the WOD though; she’s a rough one, and the WOD that followed on Sunday wasn’t really any better as far as length goes.
For Sunday, Matt posted that the WOD for Sunday was “surprise”. Sure enough people took the bait and came in for some Hang Power Snatches, Handstand Push Ups, and then an AMRAP in 15:00 of 400 meter sprints with 1:00 rest in between. It was a WOD to work on endurance, to stretch out the legs from the day before, and to help usher in our next heat wave.
While the weekend featured some good workouts and even better efforts, what I want to acknowledge now are some of the new PRs that were set this past week at the box:
- Rick L.: 90k Press and his first Muscle Up;
- Alisha: 104k on her Deadlift;
- Jen S., Andrew, and Bob: All got their first Double Unders;
- Leadia: Completed her first pull ups in a WOD with no band;
- Steph: Completed her first Olympic distance triathalon well under her 4 hour goal time;
- Stacey: 6 Handstand Push Ups;
- Karyn: Clean and Jerk 63k;
- Royce: Drank 5 Long Islands;
- Jeremy B: 152k on his Bench Press;
- Chad: 75k on his Press and 85k on his Power Snatch;
- Maria: Did her first kipping pull up;
- Dawson: Completed his first Bar Muscle Up;
- Rosie: Completed 15 Handstand Push Ups.
Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments and new PRs! Let’s get after it again this week!
PS: Make sure you introduce yourself to any new faces at the gym. Otherwise burpees will be distributed.
PPS: It is also really hot. Please drink plenty of water throughout the day, or your workout will be “stretching: for time”, which is also called “yoga”. I’m just kidding… but seriously… drink water please…